Sharing our knowledge and advocating for history
Become a Friend of the History Council of Victoria to support us in advocating for history in Victoria!
Your assistance will allow us to continue to share history with Victorians through our valuable education programs, roadshows and lectures.
"The History Roadshow has reinvigorated me as a teacher and learner of history and in my role as a historian"
- Year 11 teacher from western Victoria.
"I really appreciate the seminars"
- Librarian in Melbourne's northern suburbs
As a Friend of the History Council of Victoria you will receive a range of benefits including:
- Discounted rate for tickets to HCV events including the annual lecture
- First notification and priority booking for all HCV events including the annual lecture
- Exclusive access to Friends-only events, behind-the-scenes tours and roadshows
- Access to mentoring/networking opportunities
- Discounts with publishers (details forthcoming)
- Ability to ‘submit your event’ to the HCV Calendar
And you’ll know that you’re helping to advocate for history and to educate Victorians about the value of history.
Subscription to the program costs $30 for 12 months from the time of joining.
Sign up before mid-October 2017 to receive an invitation to attend the first exclusive event, the official launch of the Friends at the Old Treasury Building. Our guest speaker will be the HCV’s first Chair and one of Australia’s most influential historians, Professor Emeritus Stuart Macintyre AO, FAHA, FASSA. The launch will be held on Thursday 19 October from 6.30 to 8.00 pm.
Click HERE to sign up!